Sala 2 - Copia - Museo Diocesano di Nicotera

Vai ai contenuti

Menu principale:

Sala 2 - Copia

Visita il museo > Sale > Sale
CORRIDOR OF THE COATS OF ARMS
MONS. MICHELANGELO FRANCHINI
BISHOP OF NICOTERA (1832-1855)
Continuing in the arm of left they are found you the coats of arms of the Families de Gennaro of the century XVI and Campoof the century XVII.Questo small arm is wanted to devote him/it to the bishop of Nicotera mons. Michelangelo Franchini that expenses his/her long bishopric to the restructuring and recovery not only in the Episcopalian Building but also of the diocesan Seminar that had found crumbling and in bad state of maintenance. Mons. Franchini with testamentary decision left in endowment to the same seminar of Nicotera halves his/her rich library personale.estaurazione that for sovereign concession for particular acquired merits they have been declared from the emperor Carlo V “his/her relatives” and with the authorization to insert in their coat of arms the eagle followed imperiale.Fa the coat of arms of the Family Satriano of the century XVIII, coming from their country house in the region Filippella.Chiude the series the great coat of arms in white marble of Carrara, performed by maestranze, certainly serresi, in the century XVIII, of the Principles Milano of Polistena.Sul in general right one mutilates epigraph in material lava of the century XVIII coming from the parish church Mater Romaniae of Motta Filocastro; it follows an element in white marble with tarsie of color policromo of the century XVI, part of the monumental altar, today in the parish church of St. Joseph, but already in the conventual church of Saint Maria of the Graces of the Observant Fathers. The find, performed in the classical style said Franciscan, it is work of the Shop marmorara of Antonello Gagini in Messina, which had been commissioned by the Blessed Paul by Sinopoli, in that time, dimorante to Nicotera. The Gaginis were a family of sculptors, lombardi for birth but Tuscans for formation, established him to Messina to the beginnings of the century on call XV of the Aragonesi.Las series it is closed from an epigraph, also it mutilates, of the century XVIII of the local maestranzes, coming from the parish church Mater Romaniae of Motta Filocastro.Questa headstone is of a notable importance for the knowledge and the study of the history of the ancient suburb of belonging Motta Filocastro to the dukedom of the Pignatelli of Monteleone in how much ago reference to a Catalan that in that time he/she resided in this town. To Motta besides the Catalan the protopapa of the diocese also resided you, which testifies and testifica the importance from them dressed again to the time of the Byzantines.
 
Torna ai contenuti | Torna al menu